A trip to Mount Montserrat and a visit to the eponymous monastery is
Montserrat Monastery is located at 720 meters above sea level, and the mountain landscapes that open from there are mesmerizing with their beauty. For a thousand years, the monks of the monastery have kept the main Catalan shrine – the statuette of the Holy Virgin Mary of Montserrat.
Legend has it that the statuette was carved by Saint Luke and hid in a cave on Montserrat mountain, but the history of the Madonna is not known for certain precisely before her discovery.
The Black Madonna fulfills the innermost desires of the parishioners. On the territory of the monastery there is even a special room where parishioners leave symbolic “gifts” for the Madonna – wedding dresses, baby booties and wheelchairs.
Also, the excursion program includes a visit to the performance of the boys’ choir (Escolania de Montserrat), which has won worldwide fame with its technique of church chanting.
The atmosphere of peace and light emotions that are always born on the holy land will remain with you for a very long time.
- Included in cost: Guided tour by car
- Not included in the price: Entrance to museums, cable car, funicular
- What to take with you: Comfortable shoes and good mood :)
- Start point of the excursion: Your hotel lobby
- Transport: Audi A3, Jaguar XF, Volkswagen Touran, Mercedes Vito, Mercedes Viano